Thursday, December 2, 2010

About Me


I used to blog only about writing, and that was fun for a few years. There was so much to say about my discoveries as an aspiring historical fiction novelist. Fast forward to now, and I'm still just an aspiring novelist. I feel I'm right where I need to be in my writing career, but I've run out of things to say about this stage of it.

Now my blog is much broader. There are so many good things in my life, why limit myself to just one topic? I'm a mother and a homemaker (which is the best job I've ever had), a knitter, a roller derby queen, a Pinterest addict, a volunteer, a reader, a historical researcher, and much more. 

My home is a pretty little yellow house with black shutters and a bright red door. This is where the magic happens, so I've changed the name of this blog from A Writer's Journey to Behind the Red Door.


 

3 comments:

  1. That is a really great vision, and I think that I'd like to join you in it! I haven't had that much success with getting my stuff published yet, but like you, I'm trying to share my journey, and tell the story of my experience.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you, sista' friend :) I'll definitely be following you (not in a weird way, just a Google friend way, lol).

    You mentioned a couple of articles about an author's paycheck and Rowling's outline. Do you remember where they were? Or is this already on your blog? I'll go look now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find Rowling's outline here: http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=53357 I couldn't find the paycheck, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...