Friday, November 19, 2010

101 Best Sites For Writers (pretty much the most awesome resource ever)

There's an overwhelming plethora of online resources for writers. It's never been easier to learn everything there is to know about writing, publishing, and everything in between. It's also difficult to find the best resources. I hate nothing more than wasting time sifting through web pages.

If you have this problem, the first thing you should do is subscribe to my blog. The second thing you should do is register for the Writer's Digest newsletter, because when you do, they send you a PDF file of 101 Best Websites for Writers. (This sounds a lot like I'm selling something, except I'm not getting paid.) Basically, Writer's Digest knows what's hot in the world of writing, so if they say something's good, you take their word for it.

All the sites in their list are organized in the following categories:

Creativity
Writing Advice
General Resources
Jobs and Markets
Online Writing Communities
Everything Agents
Publishing/Marketing Resources
General/Niches
Just for Fun

Click here and you can register in the upper left-hand corner.

Another good way to determine whether or not a site is good is to look for the Writer's Digest Seal of Approval on the home page. If a sight made it onto the coveted 101 Best Sites list, it will proudly display this symbol:
I just realized that putting that image on my page makes it look like I'm on the list. Oops. This is just an example of what it looks like.

Happy searching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...