Monday, December 20, 2010

A Child's Attempt at Being Santa Claus

When my husband was in second grade, he found out his parents didn't believe in Santa Claus. He decided to give Santa a little help and convince them he was real. Andrew went to his toy bin and gathered some things he thought an adult might like -- a globe, a yoyo, a plastic Garfield, things like that -- and put them in ziplock bags labeled "Mike" and "Wendy." 

On Christmas morning, he slipped them under the tree before they woke up. He planned on taking the cookies and hot cocoa they left out to make them think Santa ate them, but they were already gone.

He also gave them a letter with a picture of a snow man:

Dear Mike and Wendy:

I hope you like the things I got you. And under the Christmas tree there will be a presant for you. I heard from Andrew and Mandy that you had been good. So I got you a presant. And I liked the Christmas tree you and the kids put up. And by the way my elves were watching you put up the tree. You had better tell the kids that I'm true. And next time don't drink up all the Hot choclat and the coikes ether ok. Cause I realy like those cockies and the Hot choclat. Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas. p.s. Hope you like the picture I drawd you on the front.

Love, Santa

His mom looked at the gifts, read the letter, and gave Andrew a huge hug. "Thanks, honey! That was really sweet." Alas, his plan to make his parents believe in Santa was foiled.



I hope you all have a great holiday season! I'm going to take a break from blogging for the rest of the week, but I'll be back next Tuesday. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...