Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Grandpa on the Prowl

My husband's grandpa is one of the funniest people I know. One of his many quirks is his adamant love of women.

When I first met him, his wife had already passed away and the woman he remarried was in a nursing home for Alzheimer’s. He talked to me at length about what incredible women they were.

"They were both very special and they made me so happy. And in bed, they were WONDERFUL!" 

When my sister-in-law got married in Utah, her family flew in from Mississippi and the two families met each other at a restaurant a few days before the wedding. 

The groom's mother thought Grandad was the cutest old man she had ever seen, so she talked to him for a long time while her husband was in the other room. Grandad told her he always wanted to move back to Utah where he grew up, but he didn't have any family there to take care of him.

"You're so cute, I would take care of you!" the mother teased sweetly.

"Oh?" Grandad looked her over with new interest. He lowered his voice, leaned forward, and said, "You know, I have a wife, but she's not doing too well."
Teralyn Rose Pilgrim Teralyn Pilgrim
My mother-in-law was horrified. Thank goodness the groom's mom had a sense of humor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...