Friday, January 28, 2011

I Love Short Films

A writer feeds off of inspiration. Every writer should explore, be adventurous, learn, and eventually come to the same conclusion: the world is an incredible place.

The shorter a work of art is, the more brilliant it has to be. The artist doesn't have much time to dazzle people with fancy scenery, reel people in with characters they care about, build up to a mystery, or energize with sex and action. They have a narrow window that they have to pack with as much useful information as possible.

That's why I love shorts. In only ten minutes, a short can engage viewers in a story that they rarely forget.

Here are some of my favorites. If you have any other shorts to share with us, please post the link in the comments. I'd love to see them! You can find more shorts by going to YouTube.

When a women got her morning cup of coffee, she had no idea she would be wooed by a crazy man.

This is a short about the magic of free parking.

There are all kind of ways to find love. Some are unexpected.

2 comments:

  1. Teralyn, thank you for sharing these! The validation film is my new favourite (please note my use of the British spelling). I'm going to re-post it in the next couple of days. And I had completely forgotten about 7:35 in la manana - such a great/strange short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked them. 7:30 in the Morning still makes me laugh whenever I see it. It reminds me of that song by Train, "Marry Me," except this guy has the balls to do something about it instead of just whining.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...