Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Great Dating Advice from a Douche

I heard some dating advice that was so true, so relevant, and so helpful that I've shared it with every dating friend I have. Now, I'm going to share it with you. I do have to add a caveat, though:

The guy who gave the advice was a douche. So it's kind of douche-y advice.

One of my co-workers was having trouble with girls. He only wanted to date women who were way out of his league. We'd recommend a girl for him and he'd say, "I like her, but I wouldn't want her as a girlfriend," or, "She's nice, but I can't picture myself marrying her."

The Douche listened to his reasoning and one day shook his head.

"Man, your problem is you keep going for the nines and tens. You need to warm up first. Go for the threes and fours. Get comfortable, boost your confidence, and work your way up to the fives and sixes. You might find a six you really life. Maybe you'll get all the way up to some sevens."

This was a revelation to me. We should date all kind of people, even if they're not our "type," because like exotic cuisine, you don't know if you like it until you've tried it. Dating should be fun, without unfair pre-judgments.

For all my dating readers out there, I hope you find some fours.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that does kind of sound like douche-y advice, and yet I can see the logic in it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always hated hearing picky daters talk about how they never date. People are so interesting, even the dorky kind. You don't have to go on two dates, but what harm can one lunch date do?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...