Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let's See, Where to Put it...


So mischevious
When I was five years old, my family and I were on a road trip when I felt sick. I knew I was going to throw up and I didn’t have time to ask my parents to pull over.

I had to make a split-second decision. We were crammed in the car and there were no bags or buckets nearby. I certainly didn’t want to throw up on myself.

Sitting next to me was my one-year-old brother. He was fast asleep in his car seat. I knew it was wrong, but what else could I do? I leaned over and puked all over him.

To this day, it feels like the most logical decision.

I didn’t want to tell my parents because I knew I would get in trouble, so I kept my silence. Pretty soon my parents smelt the vomit, so they turned around and saw my baby brother was drenched in more puke than a one-year-old could produce. They stared at me with open mouths.

For some reason, they didn’t understand how logical my choice was.

They had to pull my poor brother out of the car to change his clothes, but he was still fast asleep and couldn’t understand why my parents wanted to wake him up. He cried while my parents cleaned him, glaring at me the whole time.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty logical to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite childhood Teralyn stories, it never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, I think you just like the idea of Cameron getting thrown up on. (They know each other, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it makes sense to me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...