Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cool Blogger Award for Yours Truly


Lori M. Lee has kindly bestowed upon me the Cool Blogger Award. Wi-hoo!

Now I have to think of one cool thing to say about myself. She wrote about a travel mishap, which inspired me:

When I was in Rome, I passed out in front of Nero's palace.

I was violently ill on the trip. I had the kind of cough where it sounded like my lungs might get thrusted out. But that didn't stop me from walking 12 hours a day and seeing everything a person could possibly see in a day. I paid good money for that trip.

You have to make schedule a tour through the palace and we arrived twenty minutes early. I told Andrew, "I think I'm going to rest before the tour starts," and I was unconscious before my face hit the grass. Andrew said it looked like I was dead.

Andrew was just as exhausted during the trip as I was. One day we got to the bed-and-breakfast early because there was a gap in my meticulously planned itinerary, and he thought we should take a nap and then explore Rome in the evening. It would look beautiful at night, we thought.

We slept 15 hours.

I woke in the morning and felt a brief moment of regret that I wasted a day in Rome, but that quickly went away because I felt incredible.

Now, to pass the award along. It goes to.....

Jen's Bookshelf

I just discovered Jen yesterday and felt an instant connection with her. She also writes about Ancient Rome, and she has a great sense of humor. I highly recommend paying her a visit.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Teralyn!

    And I'm sure you're not the first person who's passed out in front of Nero's Palace! Sober..maybe!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...