Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Favorite Book Challenge Blogfest!

As already mentioned, I hit the one-hundred followers mark. Hallelujah! Now to celebrate with my very own blogfest. I'm sooooooo excited! This is for everyone; you only have to like reading. So, without further ado….
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to
1.       Pick your top five favorite books
2.      Between Jun 20 and 22, write one line of what each book is about and then write one line of why you liked it. Think of it like a twitter pitch for other people’s work. Semi-colons are cheating, but you can use them anyway.
3.      Go to other blogs and discuss the books.
4.      If you do not keep a blog, put your challenge in the comments on the day of the event.

This will be a great exercise for writers who need to practice pitching, and it will be a great way for readers to find good books.

You don't have to do all five if you don't want, and you can do more too. Just don't do more than ten and don't do less than one.
Here’s an example of one of my favorite books.
Lord of the Rings: In order to save the world from the evil forces of Sauron, the ring that contains his power must be destroyed by the most unlikely of heroes: a three-foot hobbit named Frodo. I loved this book because it was more than an ordinary fantasy novel; it was an epic of stories, magic, beautiful writing, deep characters, and themes that sink into your core and change who you are.

I'm pumped about this and I hope a lot of people decide to join! Spread the word, because the more, the merrier.

26 comments:

  1. Is there a specific date for this, or just whenever we feel like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's between June 20 and 22. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most definitely going to do this. This is a great blogfest idea, Teralyn! Just yet another reason why I think you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 100 mark! A blogfest is the perfect celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun. Except for the part where I have to choose just five books. Good thing I have until June 20th...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to be sure that I'm busy this summer so I don't waste it away. The more things I enter, the merrier!

    (Just as long as there's not too terribly much.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 100 followers! I might join the blogfest, but I'm going to have to see how well I can fit in writing and blogging what with JuNoWriMo. I'll be back if I think I can squeeze it in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, I've signed up but this will be tough! Mostly, the narrowing it down part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea, can't wait to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 100 followers! I love reading but at the moment am at a loss as to what is good to read. This would be great for finding some new books. I can't wait to see what everyone picks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have posted this on my blogfest page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Summer! It's great when people help spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on getting (way over) 100 followers, and I like the idea for this blogfest! :-)

    I'll write about it on my blog in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now we're past the Fun & Games Blogfest I've added the button and link to this one on my blog. Hope it brings you a few more takers and thanks for organising it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just discovered your blog today. Love what you're doing, and the blogfest sounds fun-count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous idea! I'll be posting on the 21st.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm very tempted to do this. BUT I'M SO BEHIND WITH EVERYTHING!! Let me think on this for a day or so.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  18. Arlee, if you don't do it, I won't speak to you ever again.

    ...which is an easy promise to keep since I can still write you you online.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Teralyn, back to let you know I've given the blog fest a plug in my latest post - hope it sends a few more along for the fun. Looking forward to Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am definitely going to participate! :) I'm a new follower by the way, and have really enjoyed reading so far. Looking forward to everyone's entries! And June 22 is my birthday, so I will probably be posting mine then. :D

    ~TRA

    http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just finished my entry! ;)
    Also, started following, too. Looking forward to your future posts. c:

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, everyone! Happy Birthday, Red Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  23. fantastic idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aha - books! I added your blogfest to my latest blog post and also put in my 5 favs (so many favs, but only 5 to comment on).
    I look forward to other posts by you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow this looks like an excellent blogfest that I just missed. Excellent idea :O)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am late with my participation, but my response is up on my blog now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...