Thursday, May 12, 2011

Funniest Typos



Last November, I participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), a challenge to write 50,000 words in one month. It was one of the best things I’ve ever done for my writing.
In order to reach the daily goal of 2,000 words, many writers had to stay up late and write while they were in the grips of exhaustion. Such people make hilarious typos. You can click here to read them.  I spent many an hour chuckling over these.
Here's a good one: "Aleksandre took his seat at his own seat to the right of his father." Spelling fail: "And she was so comfortabl and warm and relzared." Another: "My stomach flipped into my stomach." Sudden attack of mitosis: "Levi walked out the door, Levi trailing behind."
My best typo was from my WIP, Hunger. A ghost said, “I got sick, and then I got died.”
What are some of your funniest typos?

9 comments:

  1. LOL - love the link ^_^

    I had one the other day that was "She twisted her finger around her hair"

    I'm not sure whose finger bends like that, but it sure sounded painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Fun. My funniest typo was when I inverted bride for bribe. You can see how that might be a prob, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonus points for Calvin and Hobbes! No home should be without the complete Calvin and Hobbes collection.

    These typos are so fun! Unfortunately,I can't remember any specific blunders I've made (there are just too many to keep track...). That being said, I've found that one of the best attributes for a writer is an ability to laugh at one's own mistakes. I get quite a kick out of myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!! Ohhh, some of those are hilarious.

    Some of my silliest typos involve putting words in the wrong place. "He covered his arm with his eyes" was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recieved some awesome comments on this post yesterday, but then Blogger temporarily died and deleted the whole post. I found out I could schedule articles to post in the PAST (cool, huh?) and was about to put it back. But alas, my comments are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your loss of comments. It was very uncool of Blogger to do that to everyone.

    During a NaNoWriMo writing session last November, I was writing while listening to a rerun of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and, at some point, I actually stopped writing my own story and was just tying in the episode dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's HILARIOUS. I've done that once or twice while having conversations with people. Once I asked my husband to close the window, and Savvy asked her boyfriend to close the window at the same time, which didn't make sense in the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I don't keep track of typos, but I think I should after this post :)

    Your use of mitosis made me laugh. I love new inventions on how to use a word!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...