Friday, May 13, 2011

The Power of My Generation


This video reminds me of “The Social Network.” I couldn’t imagine a movie about Facebook would be any good, but it fired me up. I was a freshman when Facebook was invented, back when you had to be a college student to join. I remember when it changed from “The Facebook” to just “Facebook.”

That movie wasn’t just history; it was my history. It was about my generation, about our power and individuality and potential.

My favorite part of the movie was when Mark Zuckerberg printed out a business card that said, “I’m CEO, bitch.” In the extras, the director explained that the card spits in the face of everyone who looks down on people in their 20’s.

Today, we have as much strength as the last generation. Maybe even more so because we’re the ones who have experienced these changes – we’re the ones who made these changes – and they belong to us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a geek - I LOVE numbers and statistics like that. And the technology that goes along with them. It's why I love being a part of the technology industry - there is never not an opportunity to learn something new.

    Awesome video :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...