Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blogfest: Make a Soundtrack for Your Book

For the What's the Score Blogfest at East for Green Eyes, bloggers have to create a soundtrack for their books. Since Sacred Fire takes place in ancient Rome, none of our modern songs really fit. Instead, I'm doing my next WIP, Hunger.


I dunno how much I want to say about Hunger. It's one of those books where you can't say what it's about without giving away all its secrets, so I'm not sure how to market it yet. Sorry. I hope you like my soundtrack anyway. You can read my other posts about the book by clicking on the links below.

 Eric, before he meets Savvy: Gollum's Song (The singing starts after a minute.)
When Savvy and Eric meet: Kiss Me



The ghost after he dies: The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
(I know this is the trailer of Watchmen and not a music video, but I just love this trailer.)


When Eric makes a bad choice: Cut My Life into Pieces
(I didn't include the music video because it's a terrible song. But it fits this part of the book so well.)


After Savvy forgives Eric: Truly Madly Deeply


When Eric has to make another choice: Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

Other Links:

6 comments:

  1. Nice selection! Especially because I actually know some of them! I'm going to be posting for the same blogfest tonight. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emiliana Torrini has such a beautiful, haunting, voice. Love it! I'm desperate to know what your story's about ^_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. love most of those songs, I'm very intrigued by Hunger. also I am with you, I don't know how to sum-up my WIP with out giving away all the secrets either ^.^ most when asked I just say "It's complicated."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love creating soundtracks for my WIPs. I wish I had known about this blogfest! What a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that you included that Smashing Pumpkins song :) I love all those songs on the "Beginning is the End" single :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices. I have to say I chuckled at your missing song and the reason why. (Here's a secret: "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls is also on my soundtrack because it captures one of my characters too well, but I couldn't bring myself to list it *shifty*)

    Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...