I have to interrupt my series of conference adventures to join in a blogfest: Lovin' the Language Blogfest.
You have all day to join, so please sign up!
The rules are: Pick any five lines from one of your WIPs. If you're feeling shy, and don't want to share from your own work, share from something you LOVE.
This is from my WIP Hunger.
1. He stood out from the crowd because his face mysteriously resonated with me. It was like a viola’s deep vibration when you pluck one of its strings. I had seen this man before, but I was certain we never met. It was so remarkable that I felt a sort of ecstatic panic.
2. Savvy: Eric cried until the tears dripped down my collarbone and collected in the dip of my neck. I felt a greater love for him at that moment than I ever had, but at the same time, I fervently wished I would never have to see him cry again.
3. Savvy: I was suddenly full of slime, or something sticky like tar. It was dark and revolting and I shuddered as if I could shake it off of me. Eric put his hand on my cheek and said my name, but my attention was focused inward and I couldn’t even see my surroundings.
4. The Ghost: I thought selling my soul to the devil would be less glamorous.
5. The Ghost: I thought it would be easy since it wasn’t my body and the soul was already dead. As I stood on the brink of the bridge and the brink of the end, everything inside me resisted. I wanted to live. I kept reminding myself that this was still just a pseudo life, one I didn't want. Still, I couldn’t move.
Now I'm off to read the others.