Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Need One Last Beta Reader

... or maybe two or three.

It won't be a time-consuming edit. I feel pretty good about my book about the Vestal Virgins, but I felt good about every draft, so what do I know? I only want a few people to read it over and give it a stamp of approval, or to tell me it's still not ready.

I more or less want a book review. Someone to say, "The pacing was perfect but the characters were confusing and the structure was..." etc.

Since beta reading is a partnership, I'll be more than happy to help you with any project you're working on.

Here are the details:
  • You can read my query here, my first chapter here, and more about the Vestal Virgins here.
  • I want someone who reads (and preferably writes) historical fiction.
  • I would like this to be done ASAP, since I still hope to submit to agents October 31. It'll be ready for betas August 25, and it would be fabulous if I could get it back within the same week. I'll be flexible, though.
  • If you're interested, don't post a comment: send me an email at teralynpilgrim @ yahoo dot com.
Any volunteers?


Don't forget, I'm hosting a Design a Book Cover Contest. I designed my own book cover and was quite proud of it, until someone told me it looked like erotica. Oops. I guess with a title like "Hunger," that's an easy mistake to make. I never liked that title.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teralyn, I'm not sure how you feel about blog awards but I gave you one anyway over on my blog b/c I love your entries! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...