Friday, August 5, 2011

Water on Mars = Life on Mars?

I haven’t done anything for The World is Awesome series since May… holy cow! I’m going to bring it back by sharing something truly awesome; Scientists might have discovered water on Mars.
Water is necessary for all living things, as far as we know. (Sorry, M. Night Shyamalan, your movie Signs no longer makes sense.) If water really does exist on the Red Planet, it might be able to sustain microscopic life.
For you lay people, that means itty bitty aliens.
The water is probably salty and briny, but that doesn’t mean life can’t exist there. Hardy organisms in Siberia are able to thrive under similar conditions.
This video explains the scientific evidence:

Personally, I think the existence of aliens is obvious. It’s especially probable from a theological standpoint; surely God wouldn’t go to all the work to make galaxies just so we can look at the sky and say, “Ooo, pretty.”
Is this blasphemous? People only use that word when they don’t want to think.


By the way, I ran a search on “the world is awesome” just to see what I would find, and I discovered this video made by the Discovery Channel. It’s so appropriate, I had to share it... though that dang song is going to be stuck in my head all day.

5 comments:

  1. I saw this on the news this morning. They've been saying there's water on Mars for years. Should be interesting to see what sort of "life" they find - you're right about the video - I knew I shouldn't have watched it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They knew there was ice on Mars; this is new because it's flowing water, and might indicate water under the planet's surface as well. They thought they found water a long time ago because they saw what looks like canals, but discovered that was something else (I can't remember what).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, now I have David Bowie stuck in my head. And that's always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Lola x
    http://lola-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...