Friday, September 9, 2011

A Comedy of the Vestal Virgins

While looking at videos on YouTube, I happened upon this hilarious skit about the Vestal Virgins, priestesses of ancient Rome and the topic of my novel, Sacred Fire. This video makes me so happy!




NOTE: I loved the hatred of Carthage because that plays a big role in my book. I heard about a famous orator (I can't remember his name) who would end his speeches -- no matter what the topic was -- with "...and I think Carthage should be destroyed."

I think the Carthaginian raps because he's from Africa???

4 comments:

  1. Cato, I think it is, Teralyn. Where is this being performed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I think it was just a fun thing someone did. It only had a hundred views, so it's crazy I even found it. I loved it so much, though.

    Right, Cato... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! So funny. Thanks for sharing, Teralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Cato the Elder. This is hilarious, by the way! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...