Friday, September 16, 2011

PotO Info with Real Post Tomorrow

Due to time constraints and lack of planning, I'm going to post something tomorrow, and it's going to be awesome, mark my words! Today, I need to share a little technical info about the Phantom of the Opera book group. 

I promise I won't talk about it all the time so as not to bore anyone, but this is important:

1. I changed the discussion location to Absolute Write Water Cooler. You can start discussing even if you haven't read the book yet. Example, you can say why you decided to read it, what you love about the story, etc.

2. I've started to post fun info about the book on the Facebook Event page. I'll post something interesting every day, so you should come check it out. Today, I posted a link to some amazing quotes from the book.

My favorite is, “If I am the phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I am to be saved it is because your love redeems me.”

Also, please feel free to post anything of interest you can think of, or a comment that isn't interesting at all, if you like.

3. You don't have to go to the party to participate in the group. People are telling me they'd like to read the book, but they'll be busy on October 28. There will still be a ton to do. The party is more like icing on a fascinating cake.
For that matter, you don't even have to read the book to have a party and watch the silent film. There are no rules here, people. 

Let me know if you have any questions whatsoever. Now I'm off to re-read the book for the fourth time so it's fresh in my head. Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about it. I'm on chapter 5 - it's my first time reading it. Can't wait to talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a star, Gwen! Go ahead and talk about it now! I'd love to hear what you think so far. See you on the forums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teralyn, I'm a lil confused, I opened an account with online~literature cuz that was where you were first going to hold discussion {i do not facebook}. Now, it seems you've changed the forum to take place at Absolute Write {which means I'd need to open an account there}; so are you posting to online~lit still? or no? Actually, I think I may just do any comments here, since I do have a blog and I don't like having open accounts I don't use. Just a bit cornfuzed, online~lit AND Absolute Write? OR only Absolute Write and not online~lit? Have a fun weekend! grins, debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about the confusion! The people at Online Literature deleted my post (without telling me) because I "solicited" (I mentioned facebook.) So stupid. Anywhoo, we're at Absolute Write now. Go ahead and close the one account. People have already started to discuss the book at Absolute Write, so I hope you decide to join.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...