Monday, October 31, 2011

Countdown to National Novel Writing Month

Midnight fast approaches. When the clock strikes twelve o’ one, November starts – along with the world-wide challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

I'm pumped! It's ten minutes until November. I’m wearing my winner’s t-shirt from doing Nano last year. I’m on the forums chatting with others who are waiting at the computers. I have The Final Countdown playing in the background.

I thought it would be weird to start on a new book so soon after finishing Sacred Fire, but it isn't. This story is so ready. I’ve been sitting on the idea since February, I’ve printed almost 100 pages of research, taken 18,140 words of notes, and now I’m gonna git r’ done!

It’s about to start…

Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

SHOWTIME!!!!

Alright, first chapter. Here we go!

First chapter...

Hmm.


I got nothing.

8 comments:

  1. How did it go?
    I started mine this morning and realized pretty early on that it's not going to be how I imagined it!
    Troop on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18,140 words of notes?!

    Damn! I thought that *I* was a planner! LOL

    Well... I seemed to get a good start with 847 words. I think I'm going to call it quits until after work. I'm holding a write-in at a Coffee House at 5pm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done a write-in before; my area didn't get further than a kick-off party last year. Hopefully I'll get to go to write-ins this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When she says she was wearing her winners shirt and blasting final countdown...she's serious. I was sitting next to her working on a project of my own. I giggled and rooted her on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I'm almost to 3k. I was at 1,101 words when I left for school this morning and I've handwritten 8 and a half pages (1 page equals about 200 words) throughout the day.

    My goal is 5k before I go to sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all: hi. I found your blog through the Nano-forums!
    Secondly - that's a load of research. I'm impressed.

    And finally: good luck! I'm very excited to be NaNo'ing again. And I have no idea how I achieved my word count today, but I did it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, guys! I'm so excited to go through this process with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...