Monday, October 17, 2011

I Just Want to be Famous Already


Is that really so much to ask?

I’m feeling sorry for myself today – not an unusual occurrence, to be honest. There are many benefits to discovering my calling in life so early, but the only downside is I can’t be happy doing anything else.

Sometimes at work I think about my book, my blog, my forums, my online friends, and I long to be at home living the dream. I want to read about the newest books and trends and writing advice. I want to keep on top of reading the bestsellers so I know who’s who and what’s what. 

I want wake up in the morning ready to do what I was always meant to do; write books!

I’m particularly blue today because I got an email from a writer friend who’s also a stay-at-home mom. Published or not, being a writing stay-at-home mom has been my dream since I was eight. She had such a great idea for a book that she works on it 4 to 5 hours a day.

It’s not fair. I know I’m pouting like a child. I can’t help it. I’m at a really good place in my life – probably better than I’ve ever been – so I feel terrible complaining. Still, every now and then I think about how I’m just not where I want to be yet, and I get frustrated.


(Don't any of you dare write "count your blessings" or anything like that in the comments to cheer me up. I am uncheerupable. You would just be a pooper at my pity party.)

14 comments:

  1. Will the first pooper at your pity party earn a pity party pooper prize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, my dear friend. And I am VERY proud of you and what you have done so far in your life! I know you're going to make it to that place you want to be, because you are absolutely amazing. (And I promise I'm not just saying that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are hugs allowed? I hope so. *virtual hug* I'm sorry you're having a down day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're all sweet. Dan, you get a prize for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome. As always, aliteration saves the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel. I also get ridiculously jealous of stay at home mom friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way. When I'm working on my school work, I long to be writing. I wish it was summer again so that I could just write all day long and not have to worry about grades.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it makes you feel any better, I just got my manuscript back from an agent I sent it to nearly two years ago. She didn't like my manuscript, which now smells like cigarettes. When I checked to see if she'd scribbled anything useful on the pages I found the crushed body of a fly--she'd used my manuscript as a fly swatter! Sigh... Thank God for tension eating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cherish your dissatisfaction, Teralyn. It really is a gift. It will push you to meet your goals. Really. Otherwise you'd be one of those "It's enough that I have a roof over my head and a job." Yes, it's good be grateful for having a roof and four squares, but creative people need more than that to be happy.

    Make dissatisfaction your friend!

    Also, do you have a vision board? You should make one for your career.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww. I'm sorry. :( But if it makes you feel any better, I have 8 hours of schooling a day, and about 10 hours of sleep... so what, that gives me about 6 hours to write? Plus I have homework, chores, and meals...

    I don't really get much time either. But I know that you can do it!! :) You're awesome, so I know you'll make it.

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, a vision board sounds intriguing. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. One explanation of a Vision Board:

    http://christinekane.com/blog/how-to-make-a-vision-board/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! And thanks to all for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...