Friday, October 14, 2011

The Mimic Octopus

Check it out! This octopus pretends to be other fish.



Octopi might me my favorite animal. They're so intelligent and cool. 

Did you know that when a mother octopus gives birth, she takes care of her eggs until they hatch, and then dies? There's something terribly poetic about that.  

Hold up, I feel a story coming on....

Once in school when I was five, we were studying octopi and one of the kids told me they only have one eye. I knew very well they had two. We argued back and forth on this until I finally gave up and asked the teacher.

"Does an octopus have an eye?"

She looked at me like I was a crazy idiot. "Octopus doesn't have an 'i,'" she said.

"Huh? I know it has at least one eye. I thought it had two."

"No, O-C-T-O-P-U-S doesn't have an 'i.'"

We argued about this back and forth until I finally gave up and told my friends the teacher was so stupid, she didn't even know an octopus has eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Haha lol that's hilarious!

    The video was awesome! I love Octopi! They're so smart, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never fail to be amazed at the wonderous things around us. Rock fish that look like rocks. Snow bunnies that turn white and blend with snow in winter. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...