Monday, October 31, 2011

Time to Submit My Book

A year ago almost to the day, I sent out 120 query letters and promptly received 119 rejections. Now here I am, ready to do it all over again.

Except this will be a million times better.

I had a great year. I learned so much, I made great friends, and I had incredible experiences. I added around 16,000 words, cut 6,000, went through two rounds of betas, revised it twice, and whew! Done!

I look back and think of how happily ignorant I was back then and how dismally poor my book was, and I feel great about my progress.

I’ll never forget the day I realized I was going to meet my October 31 deadline. It was about two weeks ago, and I remember being stunned. This was actually going to happen.

I’ve used my upcoming Nano book to distract me, but for the past few days it’s felt so real. I’ve been going through an odd mix of excitement and anxiety – the kind that makes you feel like you’re being dropped at random intervals throughout the day.

I want to thank my readers for your support and interest, which gave me the confidence boost I needed this year.

Start a drum roll for me, please?

Seal it with a kiss, attach document, send.

11 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for you, but considering all the work you've put into this project I'm sure that merit will win out over luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you! I admire your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drum rolllllllllll! Good luck, Teralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on meeting your deadline and best of luck to you. I can't wait to read your novel (and stand in line for your signature on the author's page).

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! You've accomplished a lot in a short year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! That's so great that you're feeling good about your novel.
    Wish you all the best sending it out.
    Good luck with Nano! I'm also doing it

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so amazingly awesome and exciting. Best of luck! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I hope you find someone this time around.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...