Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Day of Nano and Pushing Your Limits



Today is the day: last chance to finish our Nano novels. If you haven’t finished yet and you’re not sure you can make it, push yourself! Even if you don’t win, you’ve done something amazing, and every word you do will make you prouder of yourself.

Also, none of us truly know our limits. You might not be able to win today, but there’s only one way to find out.

Take me, for example; last year, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to win Nano at all. This year, I never thought I’d be able to write 10,000 words my first day, or finish the rough draft, or participate in a six hour writing session.

I want to encourage you – really encourage you – to push your limits. It’s exhilarating! Think of it like you’re charting unknown territory inside yourself. Ignore the guilt and ignore the pressure; pushing limits is and adventure, and it should be fun.

Don’t be afraid of failure. If you don’t fail, it means you could have done more. Success is a sign that you need to try harder.

Good luck in all your endeavors!

6 comments:

  1. I completely pushed myself yesterday and finished. I didn't think I would make it this year. Most of what I wrote will probably get trashed but I have a plot and revision is where the magic happens. Congrats on finishing! Yay! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It is amazing what we can do if so inclined. The last two words are often the sticky part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone who participated deserves credit. To write 50,000 words is quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though I've already won, I have 3k left to get to my goal! I also have 9 hours! I can do this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...