Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Tentative Conclusion to My Vision for My Career

I wrote yesterday's post about two weeks ago. Since then, I've had time to really think about my career and who I want to be as an author, and I have an idea of what I want to do.

I'm going to finish the book I'm working on and then I'm going to shelve it. After Sacred Fire gets published, I'll publish two other historical books books about religious women. That'll be my niche. After that, I'll do some major soul searching and decide what I want to do with my Amazon book and my ghost story, as well as the rest of my career.

Who knows? Maybe by then, those two books will be a sweet memory from my past and not projects I want to pursue. Maybe I'll have enough loyal readers that I'll have more freedom to print what I want. Maybe I'll pay to have ebooks formated that I can distribute on my own, which won't put me on a bestseller list, but will at least get those books out there. Or maybe by then, I'll be ready to break out into a whole new style and none of this will matter.

Or maybe those two misfit books will take the world by storm. Dreams die hard.

Get back to me in five years or so and I'll tell you what I've decided.

Yup, this feels like a good business model. Except I still feel a little sick to my stomach. Maybe this is all too much to decide at once. I'm young and Sacred Fire is only my first book. I don't have to have all the answers right away... right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...