Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Waiting Game Continues

I heard once that if an agent doesn't respond to you right away, it means she's not interested. An agent would jump on a good book as soon as possible to keep anyone else from getting it.


I heard in another place that if an agent doesn't respond right away, it means she's seriously considering the book. Taking on a new client is a big commitment, and it involves a lot of thought.

If the agent doesn't like a book, there's nothing to keep her from responding immediately.


You're killing me, guys. You're killing me!

9 comments:

  1. If your past blog entries are any indication, you'll probably have to take on your future agent in a fencing match with his or her representation at stake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, if an agent doesn't respond, it's the holiday season and they're overwhelmed (like all of us). Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends from agent to agent =P But like kriswaldherr said, it's the holiday season. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan: A fencing match? Ooo, that sounds like fun. Touche!

    Kris: I thought of that. Darn holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many rationals to explain how agents respond to manuscripts and I've experienced them all--except acceptance. I've been rejected after a year and rejected after a day or two. I wouldn't read into anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems there's much ado about things that can't be controlled on your end. One things for sure, you've got some interest on the agent side. I look forward to hearing how it turns out.

    In the mean time, do you have any projects to distract you from the waiting game?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela: Oh sure, I'm working on another book right now. I've actually been relatively chill about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I don't think there are any hard & fast rules for all agents.

    Still, the waiting DOES suck. a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...