Monday, January 2, 2012

Critique My Blog Blogfest


I mentioned earlier that I would like to know what people think of my blog, good as well as bad, so I can improve it. This gave me the idea for starting a blogfest where people critique each others’ blogs. Click here to read more about why I want to do this.

To Get Critiqued:

1.      Include your name in the linky list below.
2.      On February 1, post your request for critiques. The critiques can come from anyone, even people not involved in the blogfest.
3.      If you want, specify what kind of critique you’re looking for.
4.      Specify where you want to receive the critiques: in the comments where everyone can see them, or in your email where it’s more private.
5.      You can delete comments after you’ve read them, or keep them up.

To Critique Others:

1.      Click on a blog from the linky list and read what the writer wants you to critique.
2.      You can make comments on:
a.      Appearance: Does it appeal to you? Is it too busy, or too plain?
b.      Layout: Is it difficult to navigate? Is it cluttered, or sparse?
c.      Frequency: Does the blogger post too often? Not often enough?
d.      Content: Are the posts interesting? Unique? Are they focused, or all over the place?
e.      Quality: Are the individual posts too long, too short, too sloppy, or too generic?
3.      Be sure to check if the blogger wants you to post the critique in the comments or send an email.

Like I said in my last post, even if only a few people do this, I'm excited for the opportunity to improve, and also to help out my fellow writers.

To sign up, enter your name below:


14 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea! I think sometimes people worry too much that they have to always conform and be 'nice'. If we don't understand our weaknesses then how are we supposed to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just revamped by blog and may have taken the "tweaking" too far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! I'm just having fun checking out all the blogs of the folks who've signed up. Wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I've never been in a blog fest before, but I'm game. Like you I would like to know what works, or doesn't work for my readers, and I also love finding new blogs! It's a win/wind here! See you Feb. 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOhhh. I love this idea! YAY! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoorah this looks fun. I could do with a kick on my Kelda blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, will mention it in my blog.
    www.omonaikee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Idea! Sign me up, or rather I'll sign myself up. Now I get to go check out the others.
    Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea Teralyn! I'm totally signing up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! As a new blogger I look forward to the help. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks like productive fun! glad i found it =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it's not too big an assumption that you are receptive to some critiquing, too.

    Please, allow me:

    Perhaps it's just the way your site displays on my particular computer, but your "Authors I Support" widget on the left gets in the way and blocks some portions of your blog. Not a great deal, mind you, just enough to be annoying as hell.

    Okay, I'll shut up now...and thanks for sponsoring "Critique My Blog Blogfest."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teralyn, You were a hoot at the HNS Conference in Florida! I had to get a photo there of the Vestal Virgin. Check out my blog AND photos at www.cjfosdick.com and feel free to comment on MY blog too. Looks like we are both in the same timeline about getting our books launched! It was a great conference!

    cj

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...