Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter and What it Means to Me



I decided when I started this blog to avoid religious discussions because I wanted it to be "professional." Then this Easter, my church – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints – asked all members to bear their testimonies of Christ online. 

While I debated on how I wanted to participate, I thought, if I can't be myself on my own blog, where can I? So for this very special holiday, I ask you to grant me this one indulgence.

Most of the discussion is going on at the I Am a Mormon website, thought you can also see our Facebook page. I'm grateful my church provided this opportunity for us to share our feelings about Christ, and I love reading what others have written.

As I was on that site for the first time (I've been going back to it every now and then all weekend), I remembered a scripture -- one I always think of whenever I feel doubtful or alone: 

Three days after Christ died, two of his apostles were walking on a road when Jesus joined them and spoke with them, only they didn't know who he was at first. When they understood that they were speaking to the Savior, they said they should have known: "Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?" Luke 24:32 

I know Jesus is my Savior for the same reason they knew: it burns within me. Nothing can take away that fire, that peace, that resonating truth. I feel it when I read others' testimonies, and I feel it when I bear my own.

Happy Easter.


Here's a very special 7-minute film on Christ's life the Church produced specifically for this Easter. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a special Easter filled with happiness and love.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...