Friday, April 27, 2012

GOOD NEWS!



I have good news. Okay, great news. Super great news.

(I’m not pregnant and I didn’t find and agent – those are always the first things people ask when I say I have “good news.” I thought I’d better clear that up right away.)

My super great news is my husband is graduating and will start working as a Mechanical Product Design Engineer on June 1. (He loves how that title sounds. I do too.) The job is here in Mississippi.

What does this mean for me? It’s more than a bigger apartment, a dog, and no more basing our lives around exams. It’s more than watching my husband’s dream come true, though that is wonderful. This is great for me because…

I’m quitting my day job!

No more of this 8 to 5, wake-up-at-7am nonsense. No more squeezing in writing time during lunch breaks. I’m going to be a full-time writer!

…an unpaid, non-published full-time writer, but still.

When you think about it, non-published authors do much the same stuff as the published ones. That’s the great thing about being a writer. If you want to be a dancer or an actor, you need other people’s permission to do what you love. You can't get on stage if the directors don't like you. With writing, it will always be me, at my desk, wearing yoga pants and fuzzy socks, with my computer.

Just the thought of living in yoga pants is enough to make me excited.

This is all I’ve ever wanted to do and all I’m ever going to do. Even as a college freshman, my goals were centered on the idea of me being at home, typing away. It’s my first and last job.

I’m gonna be living the dream, baby!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you. Now you can focus on your writing full time. Thanks again for tagging me on your blog. I linked back to you on today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited for you. I really believe you will do this and I can't wait to come to a book signing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your husband and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and Andrew!!!! When my book sells, I'm sending you a week's worth of yoga pants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Hope you settle into a good routine with your writing once you quit your day job! At first it seems like you'll have all the time in the world, but sometimes all those other things like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, visiting friends, can eat up hours and hours of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing news! I am hoping against hope that I'll be able to say the same thing one day. I am also supporting my husband to achieve his dream (becoming a pilot) and even when he gets his first proper job he won't be earning enough for me to quit my job. But one day he will, and then... freedom to write!

    Rock those yoga pants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's HUGE! I hope it's all you're hoping it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Good for you - I hope it works out well for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So jealous but so excited for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you and your husband. From one stay-at-home writer to another: Budget your time wisely!
    Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news. Congratulations to your husband. It sounds fantastic for you! Enjoy the later mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great!. I am on my way to becoming a full time writer.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...