Thursday, May 3, 2012

Collage of Inspiration Blogfest


I have 300 followers? Huzzah! This is a cause for celebration, and tradition dictates that I have a blogfest. Hmm... what should I do this time...

Most of us have little "helps" that inspire the books we write: pictures, videos, songs, etc. For this blogfest, we're going to compile them for the world to see.

I made a Facebook page for Sacred Fire once just for the fun of it. It has an album of my trip to Rome, interviews from YouTube of people talking about Vestal Virgins, pictures of models of the Roman forum… I even found a skit someone did making fun of vestals, which I thought was hilarious. I love it! A friend of mine did something similar for her book on Pinterest.

Your mission, should you chose to accept it: create your own "collage" of inspiration. It could be a Facebook page, a Pinterest board, a website, a page on your blog, or whatever you're into.

Sign in on the linky list below. On June 1, post about the blogfest and be sure to include the link to your collage on your blog. If you like what you've done, you can post the link on your blog permanently. You can do multiple books (but please only one link per book).

IDEAS OF WHAT YOU CAN INCLUDE:

Pictures: these can be of a book cover you made, the location, actors who look like your characters, yourself, or anything else that inspires you.

Videos: These can be interviews, documentaries, movie clips, or even yourself talking about your book.

Music Videos: Any song that makes you think of your story.

Links: These can be to other websites, or to blog articles you’ve written about your book.

Your query, first chapter, or an exert from the book

Lists: You can make a list of books that are similar to yours, research books you’ve used, places your characters go, or anything else you can think of.

Here's my Facebook page for Sacred Fire if you'd like an example. You have to expand the timeline to see everything, since the page is old. I also made a Pinterest board for Fierce.


Happy collage-ing! I can't wait to see what people create.

18 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! And your badge is so eye-catching! I am off to check out your collage on FB before I commit to signing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I love my pinterest board for my book, so I'll probably work on that more for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wihoo! Let me know if the FB page looks okay. I went on it a while ago and didn't see anything and I'm not sure why; there should be a ton of links there. The Pinterest one is giving me trouble too, but I should be able to get it up soon. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower and I'll be participating in this blogfest. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I'm in! I already have a half-started Pinterest board for THE LILY MAID of all the places which are in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, thanks for sharing! I've always privately kept collections of pictures and songs that relate to my writing, I love the idea of using online platforms and making it public! Just one more way to make writing interactive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure that my finished collage will be any good but I'll give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starting a board on pintrest as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cool idea! and finally a legitimate excuse for me to sign up for pintrest! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is everyone doing Pinterest and no one doing Facebook? I actually thought Facebook was a lot more fun. You can include lists, comments, and links, whereas in Pinterest you can only do images and videos. Well, to each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll make my collage on Facebook instead of putting all the stuff into a blog post. It seems like it'll be able to put more things into more space, instead of making readers scroll down to get everything bit by bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must have missed this post when it went up! This sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Teralyn, could you update my link? Here it is: http://kriswaldherr.net/main/2012/06/creativity-friday-collage-of-inspiration-blogfest/

    I'm migrating my url over to my new-and-improved author site. :) Excited for tomorrow's blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun! I'm excited to see everyone's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmmm, most of these have nothing posted :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mine is posted:

    http://www.kriswaldherr.net/main/

    click on "news and muse"

    I'm bummed that no one else seems to have posted too! I feel like someone who's gone to a party but got the date wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to go around and remind people about the fest, but the computer lab is closing in six minutes. (I just moved into my new apartment and we don't have our own internet yet.) *sigh.* I'll send out reminders tomorrow and hopefully everyone will get on board.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm, I thought I posted here but I don't see it. Trying again. My inspiration board for my WIP romance novel is here:

    http://pinterest.com/donnabmcnicol/a-montana-chance-upcoming-novel/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...