Monday, May 14, 2012

First Loves Blogfest


This just might be the biggest blogfest I've ever participated in! Today is the First Loves Blogfest, hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh, in which you post the first movie, first song/band, first book, and first person you've ever loved.

Participating in this blogfest has brought back some great memories!

Book: Dealings With Dragons

This was the book I read as a kid to convince me that reading was fun. After I finished it, I loved dragons so much that I read every dragon-related book I could get my hands on, and I decorated my entire bedroom with dragon pictures and figurines. I still think dragons are pretty awesome.








Music: Barenaked Ladies

I'd bought many albums before this one -- Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Weird Al -- but this was the first album I truly loved. My friends and I would sit in front of the stero with the lyrics in our hands, singing along to these songs for hours. 








Movie: Cinderella

My mom says I used to watch Cinderella with my brother first thing every morning. That's funny because it's probably my least favorite fairy tale princess now. I hate the helpless ones who need to be saved, and I hate how the prince falls in love with her just because she's pretty without getting to know her. When I was little, I just liked the singing mice.




First Love: First Boyfriend

I met my first boyfriend when I was a councelor at cub scout camp. He was not one of the cub scouts... why do people keep asking my that? He was another councelor. I go for the sweet ones, and was as charming as it gets. I remember my cabin didn't have a front porch and my bunkmates and I had to climb a step ladder to get inside, so one weekend he and his brother lugged wood from a nearby camp and rebuilt it for me. *heart melts*


What are your first loves?

14 comments:

  1. I'd almost forgotten about Barenaked Ladies. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. barenaked ladies... they are the best.

    We all love something...right!
    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Howlin' Wolf Records: On-Line Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blogfest is a great way to bring back some wonderful memories. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I absolutely loved Cinderella and her mice family. I've got the scene in my head where that plump mouse is in the tea cup, and that drop is about to fall.... *gasp* but it doesn't - he's safe! :)

    Sharing the Love!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of Dealing with Dragons, but have never read it. Dragons ARE pretty awesome.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I missed that dragon book when I was younger.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest! Yes, it's the largest one I've ever hosted solo. I'm still trying to visit everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi fellow blogfester here. I think I like Snow White better than Cinderella. There's more comedy effect in it. But good that you enjoyed it.

    The Spinster’s Vow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Cinderella and the prince and mean step sisters... thaks for sharing your memories

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also loved Dealing with Dragons and read all four books. Dragon Slippers kind of reminds me of those books. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first love sounded like a sweetheart. I have never heard of dealing with dragons but it sounds like a great book. Cinderella is of crouse, awesome! Thanks for sharing these :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Dragon Slippers. I'll have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard of Cinderella :S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I'm late.
    Dragons will always be cool.
    The songs from Cinderella were still pretty good but I agree with your assessment.
    Great picks.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dragons are really the coolest imaginary creatures there are. I also remember reading every book about them as a kid. I think imaginations is the greatest gift of childhood.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...