Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act of Kindness Blitz

The more I interact with the writing community, the more I grow to love everyone in it. (Yes, that means you. I love you. Don't blush; it's true.) These people comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, and chat with us on forums. They give us the advice and support we need.

Take a second to think about all the writers in your life who have influenced you. Every critique partner, beta reader, blog follower, and mentor. Every author who's ever offered you advice when asked. Every friend who's ever listened to your story's plot and told you it was a good idea. 

My guess is we can all come up with a long list of people to thank.

One of these fantastic people for me is Becca Puglisi, a great beta reader I had the pleasure to work with last year. I adore her blog, The Bookshelf Muse, and I'm psyched about the book she's coauthored with Angela Akerman, The Emotion Thesaurus.


I'm also excited about the event they're hosting to commemorate the release of said book. In honor of the writers in our life who support us and pull us forward, they're hosting a  TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think kindness is contagious, I'm participating too!

For this fantastic event in honor of what will be a fantastic book, I want to blitz another one of my many amazing beta readers. It was very difficult to choose which one, but I'm going to give it to Kris Waldherr. Not only has she read several revisions of Sacred Fire, but she took me under her wing at the HSN conference and has since given me invaluable advice about the publishing world. She's my mentor, and she's a great friend.

Check out her website and her deliciously quirky book, Doomed Queens.

I'm supposed to give the recipient of the RAOK a gift to show my appreciation. I decided not to do a writing-related gift because she's more experienced than me, so I'm going to knit her an awesome hat.

Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Join in the celebration and send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way.

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Kris! Betas and critters make the writing world go round. Hooray for all of them, and best to you~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doomed Queens totally sounds awesome! And yay for great betas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a totally worthwhile project. Writers often work in a vacuum and need encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hat idea! My friend knits the most amazing scarves. I think gifts that are made are a great reminder of the sender, so I know she'll love it.

    Hugs and thanks for being in on the RAOK!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. A knit hat is an awesome gift! And beta readers are FABULOUS.

    Happy RAOK week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...