Monday, August 27, 2012

A French Lingerie Bridal Shower

I love going on Pinterest, but I've never posted anything of my own. I recently threw a French lingerie bridal shower for my sister, and I couldn't wait to post about it on my blog and link all the pictures to Pinterest!


The happy bride
We had a black-and-pink French lingerie party, which was inspired by this article. I served fondue with a chocolate fountain. This worked out great because 1. It was cheaper and easier than planning for multiple dishes (which is what I was going to do before deciding it was too much work), 2. It was an activity as well as a treat, so it took up some of the time I would have used for games, and 3. It was memorable!



When I told my mom about the theme for the shower, she said, "I have the perfect lingerie for you to hang up at the party!" It was a great idea, but brought back confusing memories of my childhood; she's very open about utilizing her lingerie for Halloween costumes. I'll never forget the black corset she made me wear when I was a pirate.

I refused to hang up anything that had already been used, but she insisted it wouldn't be awkward if I didn't tell anyone the lingerie was hers. Of course my sister knew as soon as she saw it. If I do something like this again, I'll just buy lingerie that the bride can keep afterwards.

I made an "Ooh la la" sign with a pink-and-black lace border and taped Victoria Secret bags to the entry way.






Badges for the bride, me, and my mom.



We played two games: First, we made lingerie out of toilet paper. Then we played Plant the Kiss on the Groom, which is like pin the tail on the donkey, except we put bright red lipstick on each of the guests when we blindfolded them and they had to kiss a photo of the groom.

The printer must have run out of ink because each page that came out looked worse and worse.



Here's a copy of an invitation I found online and used for the event:


The shower was a blast, and the wedding was beautiful. I wish the two of them the best of happiness!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Congrats to the bride to be! The pics look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about Pinterest but haven't even checked it out yet. I'll be interested in whatever you learn.

    Oh yeah, cool party!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, in the past 24 hours or so I got only one hit from Pinterest. Granted, I don't have a huge following on that site, but I do have 100 followers.

    That's a little disheartening. I probably won't put much more effort into Pinterest for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no thought that organizing a bridal shower would take up so much energy but it was absolutely worth it! We discovered a list of 99 scavenger hunt ideas and placed the topics on the back of t-shirts which was the most wonderful night! Identified an excellent web page that lets you personalize your own unique t- shirts, mugs, invites lots of other neat stuff.
    www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very interested by reading this.. Its very helpful us..keep posting such an interesting things.
    Unique Wedding Service London

    ReplyDelete
  6. UPDATE: Apparently, Pinterest does work! This post has over 400 hits, and I'm still steadily getting a trickling in of views from Pinterest. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to know about the bridal shower. My friend is organizing a vow renewal party for her parents on their anniversary next month. She is looking for various superb wedding venues in Yorkshire online. Hope she gives them the best party ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...