Why do we do things that we know make us unhappy?
Clearly I can't handle this issue on my own, so I want to build a support network. I'm not sure how I want it to work. It would depend on how many people join and what they want to do.
If you're interested in pursuing this idea further, either leave your email address below in the comments, or if you're uncomfortable making you address public, send an email to teralynpilgrim at yahoo dot com.
I have a few ideas of how this could go. If you have any feedback or other ideas to share, I'd love to hear it.
- It could be just a 30-day challenge that I could do either once or monthly. It only takes 28 days to build a habit!
- We could separate into partners, like with Alcoholics Anonymous, and be accountable to only our partners.
- If we had partners, the first person to wake up calls the other.
- We have a forum where we discuss our progress as well as helpful ideas.
- We each pledge gifts to whoever meets their goal (used books, homemade items, online promotion).
- We have a public graph everyone can see, kind of like NaNoWriMo.