Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's Almost Time to Start Writing





On November 1st, I'm going to participate in NaNoWriMo and start working on my novel, Voodoo Queen. Since I'm going to be in New Orleans all day on Halloween, today is my last day to get ready.


A lot of emotions are going through me right now. First, relief. I had the idea for this book in 2006, but I also had the idea for Sacred Fire and ended up writing that instead. Now I can finally fulfill a dream that's six year in the making!

Second, incredibly nervous. In order to start this book in November, I had to cram as much research in as possible over the course of a few months. I might make a mistake that will cost a lot of time and grief. What if I get started and realize I'm not prepared?

In the brief moments I don't feel nervous, I feel confident. I worked hard on this and I'm satisfied with what I've done so far. I am so ready! 

But most of all, I feel excited. There's nothing more exhilarating than working with raw, untouched material. I love how new novels beckon to me, begging in urgent whispers to be written, while plot bunnies make it hard to sleep at night because all I want to do is get back to the computer.

November is my favorite time of the year. Who knows, maybe this will be the best November yet. 

Or maybe it will be the worst. My inner editor has never been so insistent!

No, it will be the best. I know it.

I think.

Who cares? I need to stop thinking so much and just enjoy the ride.

5 comments:

  1. I hope that the writing process goes well. It is a stressful but effective way to get some serious writing done!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also excited! And it's cool that you're going to be in New Orleans since that's where your book is based. ^^

    I also have the fear of feeling unprepared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I too am signed up for this year and only feel partially prepared. But I am choosing to look upon it as an opportunity to get some words and scenes from imagination to paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, claim it. November is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing NaNo as well! I'm almostbritain on there if you want to be "writer buddies"!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...