Monday, January 28, 2013

My Amazing, Incredible News

My news isn't that I have an agent. I figured I should clarify that right away. Actually, my news is a million times better than that.

I'm pregnant!

The baby is due August 20, and I can't tell you how excited I am. I've wanted a baby for a while, but it took time for the stars to align just right before my husband and I felt like we were ready to start trying. Now it's finally happening, and I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be at the exact moment I'm supposed to be here.

It's actually a convenient time to be stuck on my novel, because I've been too sick to write much anyway!

There are a handful of things I need to have the perfect life I imagined for myself as a child, and so far, I'm able to check quite a few things off my list. Husband: Check. Quit my day job and write from home: Check. Become a stay-at-home mom: Check. Now I just need my writing career to kick off and I'll be good to go!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! But, in my opinion, finding someone to spend your life with, having a child on the way, and being able to dedicate so much time to writing (well, until August 20) sounds perfect to me--even without the agent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Was wondering when you'd make the announcement. We have much to celebrate at HNS in June.

    (In terms of your bucket list, you still need to French kiss a French man in Paris, yes? It's good to have goals. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, that is an important goal on my list.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! That's amazing :) A new baby is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby! Oh, you have so much joy--an other stuff--ahead of you! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Will you find out if it is a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I can't stand to wait for much of anything, and the anticipation is already killing me. Besides, I'm tired of referring to my child as "it."

      Delete
  6. Congratulations. It's great that everything's falling into place for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is really wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I love how your enthusiasm and joy are jumping off the page :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on Facebook, and I'm so so so excited for you!! I'm sorry you've been sick, but I look forward to hearing how things go! Good luck, Teralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!

    My two sons are now past age 21, but I still remember both pregnancies and both births, with fondness and joy (and wistful nostalgia for those early newborn moments).

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...