Friday, May 24, 2013

Meal Rotation System: Crescent Braids

This is Day 5 of the Meal Rotation System: a pattern of meal planning where you go down a list of meal groups each month, picking one from the group for each day, and rotate through the list when you're finished. Read more about how the Meal Rotation System works.



A must-have in my kitchen is Pillsbury Crescent dough. It's an easy, delicious, and versatile ingredient in many dishes.

Two meals I make involve rolling out the crescent dough into a square, putting a hearty filling in the middle, cutting the sides into strips, and braiding the strips together. You end up with a loaf of bubbly crispy goodness.

What you put inside your crescent braids is up to you, but here are the links to the two recipes I use:

Chicken and Broccoli Braid

I'm not going to lie to you; this recipe looks and sounds odd. I'm not sure what possessed my to try it in the first place: it's chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, mayonnaise, dill weed, cheddar cheese, and almonds. Yet somehow, the flavors mix together perfectly to make a delicious concoction that both my husband and I get excited about. You can find the recipe at AllRecipes.com here.

Buffalo Chicken Braid

If you love buffalo chicken wings (frankly, who doesn't?), you're really going to love this braid. The blogger who wrote this recipe uses pizza dough instead of crescent dough and she rolls it instead of braids it, but either way, the result is delicious. 


Do you have any crescent dough recipes you'd like to share? I'd love to see them in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...