Saturday, May 25, 2013

Meal Rotation System: Pasta Day

This is Day 6 of the Meal Rotation System: a pattern of meal planning where you go down a list of meal groups each month, picking one from the group for each day, and rotate through the list when you're finished. Read more about how the Meal Rotation System works.



This day is dedicated to pasta recipes that don't involve marinara sauce. When I was in college, I practically lived off of those little powder packets you get at the grocery store. They cost 97 cents and all I had to do was add milk or oil, chicken, and pasta. Super easy!

When I want something a little fancier, I often make stroganoff or a delicious Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper Cayenne Sauce pasta. There are about as many ways to make stroganoff as there are to skin a cat, but here's how I like to do it:

Stroganoff

1 lb beef roast
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup butter
1 onion
2 TB flour
½ cup beef broth
½ tsp mustard
2/3 cup mushrooms
1/3 cup sour cream
3 oz cream cheese


  1. In large skillet, melt butter and cook the beef and onion.
  2. Stir in the flour, add broth.
  3. Bring to boil
  4. Lower heat, stir in mustard, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  5. Stir in mushrooms, sour cream, cream cheese, and salt and pepper as needed.
Do you have any pasta recipes you'd like to share? I'd love to see them in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...