Saturday, June 8, 2013

Meal RoationSystem: Curry

This is Day 13 of the Meal Rotation System: a pattern of meal planning where you go down a list of meal groups each month, picking one from the group for each day, and rotate through the list when you're finished. Read more about how the Meal Rotation System works.


I get sick of foods easily. Curry is one of the few things I could probably eat every single day without complaint. It is sooooooo good. And, while it takes a little time to prepare, it doesn't take much effort.

Pretty much every grocery store sells at least a couple kinds of curry. If you go to an Asian market, you can get the good stuff: Mae Ploy. I recommend getting the Massaman Curry at first because it's mild and a little sweet, so everyone likes it. If you go to any Thai restaurant, the waiter will tell you Massaman is their bestseller.

I have a recipe for the kind of curry I make below, but there are tons of different stuff you can put in it: chicken, pork, beef, lamb, shrimp, carrots, potatoes, onions, bell peppers, celery, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, pineapple, apples, cilantro, peanuts, chickpeas... the list goes on. Just choose whichever sounds the best and experiment until you find the perfect recipe for you. You can also add more coconut milk to make a soup, or you can eat it with noodles instead of rice.

Curry

1 can coconut milk
Curry paste
1/2 lb chicken, cubed
1/2 lb carrots, diced
1/2 lb potatoes, cubed
1 onion, sliced
Cooked rice


  1. Pour coconut milk into large saucepan. Add curry paste (see directions on box for amount).
  2. Add chicken, carrots, potatoes, and onion.
  3. Boil until meat is cooked and vegetables are tender.
  4. Add salt, pepper, and additional curry flavoring to taste.
  5. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Thanks. I love curry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, it's nearing midnight and just reading this makes me hungry! Curry is delicious. :) I love to cook but I've never made my own curry before; I like this simple recipe so I might try it next weekend when I have time. Thanks for sharing! Love the idea behind the meal rotation system.

    Hope you're having a great week, Teralyn!

    ~Wendy Lu

    The Red Angel Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...