Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Meal Rotation System: Ground Beef Day

This is Day 11 of the Meal Rotation System: a pattern of meal planning where you go down a list of meal groups each month, picking one from the group for each day, and rotate through the list when you're finished. Read more about how the Meal Rotation System works.

This day is dedicated to the ever-versatile ground beef. You can include in this group hamburgers, meatloaf, meatballs (with or without spaghetti), and meatball sandwiches. (Click on the links for some excellent recipes from Allrecipes.com.)

Meatballs are easy to freeze and reheat in the oven. I recommend making the meatballs bland when you freeze them so that you can add any sauce you want later. 

Some of you might hesitate dedicating a whole day to ground beef because it's high in saturated fat. Personally, I think this anti fast-food hype has given the hamburger a bad rap. Only 4 ounces of lean ground beef has 30 grams of protein, which is more than half of your daily protein requirement. That's reason enough for me to make it a part of my family's meal system. Instead of removing certain foods from my diet, I prefer to have a variety of foods so I get all kinds of different nutrients in different quantities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...