Monday, July 15, 2013

Audio of the Depicting Religion in Historical Fiction Panel


I'm excited to share with you the audio to the panel I moderated at the 2013 Historical Novel Society Conference on Depicting Religion in Historical Fiction, recorded by VW Tapes Conference and Seminar Recording.

In this video, we discuss the authors' works, how to make a religion authentic when you can never fully understand it, when it's appropriate to criticize other religions, how to keep from offending readers, and much more. The author's speaking on this panel are:

Kamran Pasha, author of Mother of the Believers and Shadow of the Swords.
Mary Sharratt, author of Illuminations and Daughters of the Witching Hill
Stephanie Dray, author of Lily of the Nile and Song of the Nile.

Since I'm an unpublished writer-in-the-making, participating in this panel is probably the coolest thing I've ever done. No matter how many panels or signings or book readings I will (hopefully) do in the future, I will always be the most proud of this.

If you would like to listen to more panels at this conference, you can purchase them here

Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...