Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What Will You Read This Year?

I didn't used to be selective about what I read, but I also didn't used to be a mom. Now my time is much more precious and I want to make sure my year is spent reading good quality stuff. 

To keep focused and to avoid junk, I made a list on Goodreads of what I plan on reading this year. It was hard to narrow the list down, but I was able to keep it to 28 books. Hopefully I'll read more, but I think twenty-eight is a reasonable goal.

Which leads me to ask: What books do you plan on reading this year?

Here are the books I decided on. Let me know if you've read any of them and if you liked them or hated them.


The Last Queen of India

Becoming Josephine: A Novel

The Strange History of the American Quadroon: Free Women of Color in the Revolutionary Atlantic World

The Promise of Stardust

The House Girl

The Firebird

The Ghost Bride

The Sweetest Hallelujah

Life After Life

City of Women

The Secrets of Mary Bowser

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Congo Square: African Roots in New Orleans

The Story of Beautiful Girl

The Kitchen House

Girl in Translation

Sacred Hearts

The World That Made New Orleans: From Spanish Silver to Congo Square

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)

Atonement


Year of Wonders


On Gold Mountain: The One-Hundred-Year Odyssey of My Chinese-American Family

Divine Horsemen: The Living Gods of Haiti

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding

Marvelous Work and a Wonder

Articles of Faith (Missionary Reference Library)

Africans in Colonial Louisiana: The Development of Afro-Creole Culture in the Eighteenth Century

3 comments:

  1. I use Goodreads for the same purpose but I don't plan quite so far in advance (that's a lot of books you've listed). I'm going to try and read at least a couple of classics I haven't got round to, maybe even a Russian one (should eat up some time).

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read several on your list: LIFE AFTER LIFE, YEAR OF WONDERS, SACRED HEARTS, and BECOMING JOSEPHINE. All were very good, though quite different from each other! Curious what you'll think of them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to read more! Some of the titles on your list look interesting! (:

    Kelly x

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...