Thursday, September 25, 2014

"Cover Reveal" for Kickstarter

So, this isn't a real cover reveal -- you have to have a book published before you can reveal its cover -- but I needed something to use for my Kickstarter campaign, so voila! Here's my finished cover. 

I couldn't love it more!

Thank you to everyone who voted on their favorite image. I had no idea which one to pick, so your advice was very helpful.

Not only will I use this as a cover photo for the campaign; I'm also going to put it on swag as rewards for donating. Backers can get this image on a t-shirt, tote bag, mug, or poster. 

Only five days left before launch...

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I shall participate in your kickstarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog, it is realized beutifully! I am a student of history of ancient Rome, and I wonder whether you rememeber where did you get that one particular picture of a Vestal virgin (a head of a Vestal, a bottommost of the photos representing the Vestal virgins, in your blog 2011)? Is it perhaps from the musei Capitolini?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's in the British museum. Sadly, I had to take all my photos from the internet because I wasn't able to visit any in person (except one that has two Vestal Virgin heads looking at one another). I went to Rome, but it seems like all the statues I wanted to see were somewhere else! (The house of the vestals was closed at the time.) There weren't any in the musei Capitolini that I could find.
      Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details/collection_image_gallery.aspx?partid=1&assetid=450611&objectid=465546

      Delete
    2. When I ran a search for Vestal Virgins to find that link, I found pictures of my recreation of their costume on the front page. How cool is that?

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your reply. I'm familiar with the one of the British museum. The head of a Vestal with slightly mutilated face and neck aroused my interest since it resembles the famous Vestal with sacrificing gesture from the Hadrianic era. Yes, they seem to hide the Vestal statues away from the audience, even tough the museum catalogues tell you otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...